Orient Express Slot
Orient Express Slot
- Based on the famous train service that was known for its exclusivity
- A well-designed theme with great colours and a luxurious feel
- Great features which tie in nicely with the theme
Orient Express slot from Yggdrasil Gaming brings you luxury and class, whisking you away into a world of pleasure exclusively for the rich and famous. For those of you who don’t know, The Orient Express was a train service which started in the late 1800’s, offering to take customers on a luxurious journey through various popular destinations including Paris and Istanbul. Although the service no longer operates, it has become famous in modern culture and a symbol of elegance and class, which is exactly what Yggdrasil are hoping to achieve with The Orient Express slot.
The first thing you’ll notice about this game is the elegant design which is clear and easy on the eye. Yggdrasil Gaming want to take you on a journey from Paris all the way to Istanbul, with a few stops along the way and have used this as a way change up the gameplay which I shall discuss shortly. This is a 20 pay line slot, with 5 reels and a 96.1% RTP. The goal, of course, is to obtain a winning combination using the base symbols from left to right in order to win money or a bonus which could offer some extra rewards. These base symbols are ranked here in ascending order based on their value:
- Diamond and Club (lowest value)
- Spade and Heart
- Purple Man
- Green Man
- Blue Man
- Red Woman (highest value)
The game of course also features a Wild symbol, or in this case several. The base Wild symbol which is available in all modes is portrayed by the Orient Express logo, and like all the wilds substitutes for all symbols apart from the free spins symbols.
£600 new player bonus
200 Free SpinsT&C's Apply
100% up to £300 bonus
20 Free SpinsT&C's Apply
Play bookies slots
and roulette here
Orient Express Slot Bonuses and Features
Game Modes. The stand-out features of this game are the different modes available, which are each based on a popular destination along the original Orient Express route. You will travel to Paris, then Venice followed by Belgrade and finally Istanbul. You can only move on to the next city once you have completed the Free Spin Mode in the current city. Once you reach Istanbul, you can pick a city each time you complete a Free Spin Bonus.
- Paris. The special Paris symbol is a Wild, portrayed by the train conductor. After the reels stop, Walking Wilds will appear on top of random regular symbols, granting a free re-spin, then moving left to the adjacent reel. As long as one Walking Wild symbol is on the screen, a re-spin will always be granted. In the Free Spin mode, Walking Wilds appear more often.
- Venice. The special symbol here is the Multiplier Clock, which appears after a winning spin to grant a multiplier. During the base game, a 2x-5x multiplier is applied at random, and during the Free Spin mode, a 2x-5x multiplier is applied to all winning spins.
- Belgrade. Belgrade features another Wild symbol, this time appearing as a Train, which drives its way from the right to the left, turning the entire reel Wild when it stops. During the base game, 1-3 reels can become Wild during a spin, while in Free Spin mode 1-3 reels are turned Wild every spin.
- Istanbul. Another Wild symbol here, this time shown as a Postcard which will fly onto random symbols and turn them Wild. They cannot appear on top of Free Spin symbols and Wild symbols. During the base game, 2-12 symbols are turned into Wilds randomly, while in Free Spin mode 2-12 symbols are turned into Wilds after each free spin.
Free Spin Mode. This is triggered by 3 or more Free Spin symbols and must be played out in order to move on to the next city. 3 symbols will award 7 free spins, 4 will offer 15 free spins and 5 will give you 30 free spins. The Free Spin Mode is different for each city.
The Orient Express slot is a really fun game with a very interesting concept that’s easy to follow. What I like most about the game is how it stays true to the story of the real-life Orient Express and turns it into a classy yet fun slot. What’s more, as each city has a different set of features the gameplay is certainly varied keeping it engaging and enjoyable to play for longer periods of time. The Free Spin Mode can prove to be fairly rewarding, although you’ll mostly be getting smaller, more regular rewards compared to some other slots which offer bigger payouts like Wish Upon a Jackpot slot. In all, a brilliant slot from Yggdrasil that I’d like to see more of with this type of design and features.
A well-designed slot with a unique feature system and excellent graphics that help the game to stand out.
- Great design.
- Unique feature system.
- No big payouts.