- A well-designed game based on the popular story
- Powerglyphs are a unique and fun wild symbol
- Low win potential really lets the slot down
Adventures Beyond Wonderland Magical Maze slot is a new game from Quickspin. It has a bright and colourful design that matches the theme upon which the slot is based. There are also plenty of features to look forward to as we’ll soon see. You have a 5×5 grid to play on with cluster pays instead of your usual pay lines. Just try to get the following symbols grouped up for a win:
- Top Hat
- Cheshire Cat
- Mad Hatter
- Queen of Hearts
Adventures Beyond Wonderland Magical Maze Slot Bonuses & Features
Wild Symbols. There are two wild symbols in this game, both of which substitute for all others in a winning combination. When you get wins with 3 or more high value symbols or wilds, a power glyph wild is spawned, but a win with 3 or more low value symbols without any wilds spawns a wild.
Powerglyph. This wild symbol is a bit different. At the start of a spin, the power up stack is filled with 12 random power ups. An powerglyphs that are part of a win activate the next power up in the stack. These power ups are as follows:
- Walter Wilds. This chooses 3, 4 or 5 random positions on the screen to turn them into wilds, apart from white rabbits or existing wilds.
- Queens Guards. This removes 1 whole column of symbols and creates a power glyph in the middle.
- A different reality. This chooses a random low value symbol and turns it into a more valuable one.
- Switch places. This shuffles the whole grid, apart from any white rabbits.
Magical Maze Free Spins. The free spins bonus is triggered when you get the white rabbit to the rabbit hole at the bottom of the screen. A random free spins world is chosen out of 3, and 6, 7 or 8 free spins are awarded. During the free spins bonus, the corresponding power ups are improved and more regular. The three worlds each correspond to a character:
- Queen of Hearts Free Spins. The Queen Guard power up now removes 2 columns and creates a power glyph in the middle.
- Cheshire Cat Free Spins. The different reality power up now chooses 2 random low value symbols and turns them into higher value ones.
- Mad Hatter Free Spins. The switch places bonus shuffles symbols to give a better result.
You can retrigger the free spins bonus by getting the white rabbit down the hole again, giving you up to 5 extra free spins.
Adventures Beyond Wonderland Magical Maze slot from Quickspin isn’t the first Alice in Wonderland theme we’ve played, but it might be the most impressive visually with lovely colours. The features work really nicely with the theme and this part of the slot has clearly had a lot of thought put into it. Unfortunately, it is let down by a very poor win potential of just 876x your stake. I’m not sure why it’s so low, but it will certainly put a lot of players off.