- An interesting slot from one of the smaller developers
- A great fun based on the infamous pirate Blackbeard
- Some good ideas but doesn’t pay as well as you’d like
Blackbeard slot is a new one from Bulletproof Games that I wanted to review as it’s a bit different and looks a lot of fun. Some of the slots from the bigger brands can get a bit repetitive so it’s always nice to see something different.
The theme here is pretty obvious given the title; it’s based on the infamous pirate Blackbeard and his adventures at sea. The theme runs into the bonuses as well as we’ll soon see. I have to say the graphics aren’t quite up there with some of the bigger names in the business, but they’re not terrible either. You have 5 reels and 3 rows giving you 20 paylines which is all very standard of course. You need to get a win from left to right using the base symbols. These are as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Jack, Queen or King (lowest value)
- Guns or Parrot
- Logo (highest value)
There are wild symbols too which substitute for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the scatter symbol. The scatter symbol can appear anywhere on reels 1, 3 and 5 and used used to trigger the main bonus.
RECOMMENDED CASINOS TO PLAY Blackbeard Slot
Blackbeard Slot Bonuses and Features
Bonuses. By landing all 3 scatter symbols at the same time, you’ll be awarded with the choice of picking a random bonus game. These are as follows:
- Pirate Spins. Here you have 3 lives to being with, and ghosts will try to take these lives from you. Fear not, because Blackbeard himself will do his best to try and stop him. During these spins, wild symbols will stick in place for the bonus. It only ends once all your lives have been taken by the ghost.
- Sea Battle. As the title suggests, this bonus involves more of a battle against up to 4 other pirates. If a Blackbeard wild appears, that’s a shot for you. If a pirate wild appears, it’s a shot for them. The bonus ends when either Blackbeard or all the pirates are sunk. For every individual pirate sunk, your multiplier will increase.
- Super Spins. This third and final bonus you might get will turn every scatter symbol into a super wild symbol. This means they full expand to fill the reels throughout the bonus.
Flying Skulls. A randomly triggered feature, flying skulls may appear and offer you a reward.
Blackbeard slot from Bulletproof Games has some nice concepts and can be a lot of fun at times. The 3 main bonuses are different and unlike some slots from the bigger developers that often just get a refresh but don’t actually change, this one really feels different to the rest. However, there are some downsides. For one, the graphics aren’t great, and while I don’t think it will put anyone off, you can certainly see a difference between this and some of the bigger slots out there. Then there’s the pretty low payout, the most disappointing aspect of the game. The RTP is just 95% which isn’t great, and the payouts from this slot tend to be on the low side. Understandably, this is a big deal and it makes it hard to recommend this slot on that basis alone. All in all, I like the ideas and creativity behind Blackbeard slot, but I think a version where there are ways to win big would really improve the game. You might want to check out some other similarly-themed slots here.