- A brilliant new slot from NetEnt with some great features
- A calming theme makes the game playable for long periods
- Gives you the option to choose the main bonus
Butterfly Staxx 2 slot from NetEnt is a sequel to the original Butterfly Staxx slot, released some time ago now. It has a great respins feature and a bonus that let’s you choose what you want to do, although I think the choice will be clear for most players.
The slot is very calming, from the lovely design to the serene music. Even the animations are peaceful and it’s a slot you could play for hours at a time, if you wished. You have 5 reels with 4 rows, although as you’ll see there’s a chance to unlocked more sets of reels through features. You have 40 paylines and need to get a win from left to right using the base symbols in order to get a payout. These are as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Jack, Queen, King or Ace (lowest value)
- Blue, Purple or Red Flower
- Butterfly (highest value)
There’s a wild symbol too which can appear during the base game and respins, substituting for all other symbols in a winning combination.
RECOMMENDED CASINOS TO PLAY Butterfly Staxx 2 Slot
Butterfly Staxx 2 Bonuses and Features
Respins Feature. If you manage to land a stacked reel of butterfly symbols on any reel, this feature will be activated. All of the butterfly symbols will then fly over to the left-most reel, and will remain there until the end of the feature. As the respins take place, more butterfly symbols may land and these too will move to the left-most positions on the same row that aren’t already occupied by butterfly symbols. If you manage to fill the 2 left-most reels with butterfly symbols, a new set of reels will be unlocked and play next to the original one. If you manage to fill the 3 left-most reels with butterfly symbols, yet another set of reels will become available. This if unfortunately the limit, but can still lead to some very nice rewards.
Main Bonus. To trigger one of the main bonuses, you need to land 3 scatter symbols anywhere on reels 1,3 and 5. You can then choose one of the following bonuses:
- Butterfly Spins. Here, only cocoon symbols can land on the reels, either as dormant or active cocoons. The active ones, as you might have guessed, will turn into butterfly symbols and make their way to the left-hand side of the reels. You’ll notice that in this case, all 3 sets of reels are active from the start. The best thing is, wins will repeat themselves on the remaining spins as they can only be added to.
- Butterfly Frenzy. This is a much simpler bonus whereby you choose butterflies which can offer you cash rewards or advance you up stages. Each stage increases the value you can get from the butterflies.
Butterfly Staxx 2 slot from NetEnt is actually one of the best slots I’ve reviewed in some time now. It has a lot going for it and I think it will be very popular amongst all but those looking for massive Megaways-type wins. It’s quite a simple slot really, but very effective and can pay very well. The respins feature can be quite good in itself, but I think most people will be interested in the Butterfly Spins Bonus triggered by the scatter symbols. Getting enough of the butterfly symbols can lead to some great payouts, and they’ll only repeat or improve for the remained of the free spins as more butterflies are added to the reels. It’s a great concept and well-executed, so I can happily recommend this slot to just about everyone. You can see some of their other slots here as well.