- Based on the mystery novels with a black and white design
- Feature Board includes multipliers, respins and more
- Free spins bonus is a little underwhelming
Charlie Chance slot from Play N Go might look a little unusual to some and that’s because it’s mostly a black and white slot. There is some colour with the symbols and a little bit elsewhere too, but it’s certainly not a very common design which means it really stands out. Personally, I love it. For those of you who don’t know, Charlie Chance is based on an old series of mystery novels.
You’ll see there are only 3 reels in this slot and 3 rows, giving you just 5 paylines. You need to get a win from left to right using the base symbols. These are as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Cherries or Lemon (lowest value)
- Apple or Grapes
- Wild (highest value)
Not only are wilds the most valuable symbol on their own, they can also come with 2x or 3x multipliers to make them even better. They also substitute for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the scatter symbol. This is used to trigger the feature board and is shown as a flaming head.
RECOMMENDED CASINOS TO PLAY Charlie Chance Slot
Charlie Chance Slot Bonuses and Features
Feature Board. To trigger this you need to land 3 scatter symbols anywhere on the reels during the same spin. Here you can win one of the following:
- Instant Prizes. This could be anything up to 10x your stake.
- Multiplier Re-Spin. This can be more valuable, offering a respins with a random multiplier of 2x, 3x or an impressive 25x.
- Wild Re-Spin. This respins can add up to 9 wild symbols to the reels.
- Win Spin. On this spin, the middle reel becomes fully wild and the last reel will continue to nudge until you get a win.
- Free Spins Bonus. This will trigger the main free spins bonus, offer 8 free spins.
Free Spins Bonus. The only way to trigger this is from the feature board, not with scatter symbols. You get 8 free spins but there’s nothing particularly special about them which is a shame. You can still trigger the feature board again though.
Charlie Chance in Hell To Pay slot from Play N Go is quite an unusual one from the developer if you ask me. For one there’s the theme which is mostly black and white, something you very rarely see these days with companies usually opting for extremely bright and colourful designs. The features are a little more familiar though, with things like multiplier wilds which can stack up to 27x, wild respins and win spins. The free spins bonus is a bit disappointing though as it doesn’t offer anything different from the normal game. I would have liked to have seen more multipliers involved here or something to that effect. Overall, it’s a decent slot and I do like the fact that it’s different, but they could have done more with some of the features which would have made this game rather exceptional. You can find more Play N Go slots here if you’re interested.