Crystal Crush Slot
- A new cluster pays slot with lots of symbols in play
- Different levels offer increasing multipliers and extra Wilds
- A fun and new type of cluster pays slot that offers good rewards
Crystal Crush slot is the latest from Playson and another to use cluster pays and the avalanche feature to generate lots of wins. Obviously, they tend to be on the small side, but big clusters can provide some nice payouts. Most importantly though, you have a nice Bonus which can offer some good multipliers and extra Wilds to spice things up.
I also like how the slot looks with a calming theme set on a beach. The colours used here work really well and the graphics are excellent; in my opinion this is one of the best looking slots I’ve seen and it shows you don’t always need lots of animations or detail. Unlike many slots you may be used to playing, to get a win here you need to spin the reels to try and get a cluster, which is to say a collection of symbols adjacent to each other. The more symbols in a cluster, the bigger the payout. These symbols have different values and are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Purple Symbol (lowest value)
- Blue Symbol
- Mint Symbol
- Green Symbol
- Brown Symbol
- Gold Symbol (highest value)
Crystal Crush Slot Bonuses and Features
Of course, no slot would be complete without a Wild symbol so it’s no surprise that Crystal Crush slot has one. There’s nothing particularly special about it, it just substitutes for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the crystalized symbols without providing any value itself. The crystalized symbols are used to fill in the progress bar (more on this below) but do not pay out anything themselves and don’t form part of a winning combination.
Avalanche Feature. As you’d probably expect from a slot with a reel layout like this, the avalanche or cascade feature is present here. What this means is that a winning combination will remove the symbols that formed it and new ones will fall down, potentially generating more wins in the same spin. It’s becoming increasingly common and works well.
Crystal Bonus. Every base symbol has a progress bar of its own which can offer you bonuses as you begin to fill it up, affecting the relevant symbol. To do this you need to collect the corresponding crystalized symbols and fill it up. In order to crush the symbol, you must get a win adjacent to the symbol and it will then become just a regular symbol. For every third crushed crystalized symbol you’ll reach a new bonus level. There are 6 Bonus levels in total which are as follows:
- Level 1. Offers a 2x multiplier for subsequent wins for symbols of the same colours until the end of the current round.
- Level 2. Up to 3 random symbols of the same colour apart from the crystalized symbols will turn into Wild symbols.
- Level 3. This time you get a 3x multiplier for all subsequent wins of the same colours until the end of the current round.
- Level 4. Up to 6 random symbols of the same colour apart from the crystallized symbol will turn Wild this time.
- Level 5. Things start to heat up here as you get a 4x multiplier for subsequent wins for symbols of the same colours until the end of the round.
- Level 6. This is the final and most rewarding bonus whereby all crystalized and ordinary symbols of the same colours will turn into wild symbols to hopefully generate a lot of wins.
Crystal Crush Feature. If you thought we were done with bonuses, think again. This is just a simple one mind, whereby during non-winning spins you can activate it and trigger 2 levels of progress on a random colour symbol.
Crystal Crush slot from Playson is a unique looking slot with some very interesting features and it certainly stands out from your more traditional game. Just looking at it you’ll see why with lots of positions for all the symbols. It reminds me a bit of Aloha! Cluster Pays slot actually. You get wins from clusters which then create reactions causing new symbols to drop down. The Crystal Bonus is the most interesting part though, offering 6 different levels with increasing multipliers or number of Wilds available. I actually found this to be a particularly rewarding and fun slot, refreshingly different from many of its competitors. I’m happy to recommend it, but let me know what you think down in the comments section below.