- An exciting new slot from NetEnt the continues the saga
- A great Free Spins Bonus with different options and levels of volatility
- A fun theme with some great characters and a good design
Dead or Alive 2 slot from NetEnt is a new game that’s all about those free spins and giving you, the player, the ability to choose how things turn out. It’s quite a simple game really, largely because there aren’t many features on offer here. However, the main Bonus more than makes up for it so keep reading to see why.
The theme in Dead or Alive 2 slot is probably what you’d expect. It’s a sequel to the previous game of course, and I like the cowboy theme that surprisingly isn’t that overused. The graphics are sharp, and the reels are set onto a nice backdrop giving an impression that a lot of time has been spent on the game. There are just 5 reels and 3 rows here, and you can choose how many paylines too which is nice. Just spin the reels and try and get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbols. These are as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- 10 (lowest value)
- Cowboy Hat
- Sheriff’s Badge (highest value)
As well as these basic symbols that just give you a cash reward, Dead or Alive 2 slot from NetEnt has several Wild symbols that substitute for all other symbols apart from the Scatter symbol in a winning combination. These are also higher value than the Sheriff’s Badge symbol. Lastly, the Scatter symbol is shown as a couple of guns and is used to trigger the Free Spins Bonus. It also pays out on its own for as few as 2 of the symbols in the base game.
Dead Or Alive 2 Slot Bonuses and Features
Free Spins Bonus. As is the case with many Free Spins Bonus, this is by far the main attraction of the slot but this one is particularly interesting. When you trigger it with 3 or more Scatter symbols appearing anywhere on the reels, you’ll be given the option of choosing one of 3 different Bonuses. These are all different levels of volatility, so you can decide based on what kind of player you are.
- Train Heist Free Spins Bonus. This is the lowest volatility option. It’s quite a simple one really. You start the Bonus with a 1x multiplier and whenever a Wild symbol lands, the multiplier increases by 1x and you also get another free spins. If you manage to get the multiplier up to 16x, not only will you get some good payouts but you’ll be given another 5 free spins (as well as the extra free spins you get from each multiplier).
- Old Saloon Free Spins. This is the medium variance Bonus, and every win here is multiplied by 2x right from the get go. If one or more Sticky Wild symbols appears on a reel will give you another 5 free spins.
- High Noon Saloon Free Spins Bonus is the most exciting as it has the potential for big rewards, but also big disappointment. If you land 2 Wild symbols on the same reel, they’ll be transformed in double multiplier Wild symbols. If 3 or more land on the same reel, they’re transformed into Triple Multiplier Wild symbols. Once again, one or more Sticky Wild symbols, including the multiplier variants, will give you an additional 5 free spins.
Dead or Alive 2 slot from NetEnt has some very simple base gameplay owing to the lack of base game features. Aside from looking pretty impressive, that’s all there is to it. However, the main appeal for this slot comes from the Free Spins Bonus and that’s largely because you not only get to pick one, but they’re all quite different and can offer very different payouts. If you’re feeling ambitious, go for the high volatility option where you can win big, but if not you can choose a safer option which is more likely to give you a decent return. I think NetEnt have really understood what fans wanted with this slot and did a great job, although I think they could have added a bit more to make the gameplay before the Bonus more entertaining. You can check out some of their other slots here.