Dragon Kings Slot
- A nice, simple display with a well-made Chinese theme centered around dragons
- Lots of features free spins, wild multipliers and expanding wilds
- Progressive jackpots can mean a big reward for those who are fortunate
Dragon Kings slot is a new release by Betsoft, a well-respected software developer who have brought you many titles across the years including Ogre Empire slot. This time they’ve gone with an interesting Chinese theme centered around Dragons. It’s not something we haven’t seen before (in fact there’s the Dragon King slot which has a lot in common with this game in terms of design and the name), but it works well and there are no complaints here.
When it comes to the design it’s actually quite simple in a good way, and all the symbols and background look great and tie in nicely with the theme. In order to play the game, you must spin the reels and attempt to get a winning combination using the base symbols from left to right. These are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Jack or Queen (lowest value)
- King or Ace
- Medallion or Jade
- Gold (highest value)
Another interesting symbol that’s part of Dragon Kings slot is the Dragon King symbol himself. This serves as a 2x Wild symbol, meaning that all wins with this symbol are doubles. As well as this, the symbol also fills the entire reel to give you a better chance of a win. This symbol appears only on reel 3.
Dragon Kings Slot Bonuses and Features
Magical Dragon Pearl. This symbol appears only on reel 6, the right-most reel with only 1 position. When in view, it can double the number of free spins awarded (more on this later) and is used to trigger the Jackpot.
Dragon King Jackpots. Betsoft are offering you 4 different jackpots in this game: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond, with Diamond naturally being the most valuable and Bronze the least. They are each triggered differently, with the higher value jackpots being more difficult to obtain:
- Bronze Jackpot. Triggered by the Dragon King symbol, 1 additional dragon and Magical Dragon Pearl symbol on reel 6.
- Silver Jackpot. Triggered by the Dragon King symbol, 2 additional dragons and Magical Dragon Pearl symbol on reel 6.
- Gold Jackpot. Triggered by the Dragon King symbol, 3 additional dragons and Magical Dragon Pearl symbol on reel 6.
- Diamond Jackpot. Triggered by the Dragon King symbol, 4 additional dragons and Magical Dragon Pearl symbol on reel 6.
There are a few things to note about the Jackpots. For one, the more you better the higher your chance of getting a Jackpot it. Also, the additional dragons must be unique in their colour, otherwise they count as only 1 dragon.
Free Spins Bonus. Another symbol in the game is the Dragon Pearl, and 3 or more of these scattered on reels 1 to 5 will trigger the corresponding number of free spins:
- 3 Dragon Pearl symbols – 6 free spins.
- 4 Dragon Pearl symbols – 10 free spins.
- 5 Dragon Pearl symbols – 15 free spins.
Remember that the Magical Dragon Pearl symbol on reel 6 will double the number of free spins for you. You can also retrigger the Free Spins Bonus during the bonus itself.
Dragons of the 4 Seas. There are 4 different Dragon symbols in this game which do more than just help trigger a jackpot. They have the following properties, as well as serving as a Wild:
- Azure Dragon. Awards 1 free spin and holds all dragons in place.
- White Dragon. This will add another White Dragon to the left or right of its current position.
- Black Dragon. All winning combination involving this symbol are multiplied by 3.
- Red Dragon. This will give you a random cash reward up to 400x your bet.
Additionally, 5 dragons on a pay line will give you 100x your current bet.
There’s certainly a lot going on in Dragon Kings slot, which is both a good and bad thing. On the one hand, as you guys probably know by now, I think it’s great to have a lot of different features and bonuses and this slot certainly has plenty. In fact, you have everything you could ask for really with Jackpots, free spins, lots of Wilds each with their own properties and more. You can make a lot of money with the big wins available, and there’s a lot to keep you interesting while you play. On the other hand though, I feel like it’s a little complicated and will probably take a little getting used to in order to understand what’s going on. My only other quarrel is the relatively low RTP of just 95.20%. While this isn’t ridiculously low or anything, I would have like to have seen something more around 96%. Overall though, Dragon Kings slot from Betsoft is a brilliant game that’s both interesting and rewarding with lots on offer, so be sure to check it out ASAP.