Dwarfs Gone Wild Slot
- A great take on a popular Disney story
- Excellent use of bonuses tying in with the 7 Dwarfs
- Could have gone further in making the bonuses more unique but still a great game
Dwarfs Gone Wild slot is a game that stays true to its name. It’s loosely based on Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs (OK, maybe heavily based on it seeing as the main character is actually called Snow White), but here we have 7 slightly odd Dwarfs who really do look like they’ve gone wild. And this extends to the gameplay as well, where we have a really cool and unique bonus centered around each dwarf, but I’ll come onto that later.
In terms of how Dwarfs Gone Wild slot looks, I’m pretty impressed actually with what Quickspin have done here. We’ve come to expect quite a lot from them in this department based on previous slots like Wild Chase slot, and they’ve continued to impress us here. But for me, and for most people, the gameplay is what really matters. Initially, it might not look that exciting, with just a 5×3 layout and 20 paylines but it’s the bonuses that make the game so interesting. How do you get to play these? First, you need to spin the reels to get land some scatter symbols or get a winning combination to earn some instant rewards using the base symbols from left to right. These are ranked in ascending order as follows:
- Queen, King and Ace (lowest value)
- Purple Dwarf, Blue Dwarf and Brown Dwarf
- Yellow Dwarf or Red Dwarf
- Orange Dwarf or Light Brown Dwarf
- Snow White or Wild (highest value)
Dwarfs Gone Wild Slot Bonuses and Features
Magic Mirror Feature. If the Magic Mirror symbol lands in any position on reel 3, the Magic Mirror Feature will begin. An additional 300 Snow White symbols are added to the reel set and you will be given 2 respins.
Golden Minecart Free Spins Bonus. This is triggered by 3 scattered Bonus symbols appearing at any one time. They can only appear on reels 2, 3 and 4 and will offer you 7 free spins at the start of the bonus. You need to try and collect Golden Minecarts during the bonus in order to win more Dwarf Bonuses of there are a total of 7, for each dwarf of course. Every win that has a Golden Minecart is added to the Golden Minecart Bonus Meter which starts at 75% and with 1 Golden Minecart. Once the meter fills completely, an additional Golden Minecart is awarded, up to a maximum of 7. These can be triggered randomly at the start of each free spin:
- Rolling Wilds. This will place a Wild randomly on reel 3, 4 or 5. For every re-spin, the Wild symbol will move one position to the left.
- Spreading Wilds. A Wild symbol will be randomly placed on the screen, exploding and creating between 2 and 4 Wild symbols next to it.
- Throwback Wilds. Between 2 and 5 Wild symbols will be randomly placed on the screen.
- Full Reel Wilds. This is capable of offering more Wilds than the previous features, creating up to 2 reels full of Wilds.
- Free Wild. An interesting feature that places a Wild symbol in the best position possible on the screen.
- Extra Free Spins. Unlike the others, this one doesn’t revolve around Wild symbols, instead you will be given another 3, 4 or 5 free spins.
- Win Multiplier. At least one winning spin will be multiplier by a multiplier of either 2x, 3x or 5x.
Dwarfs Gone Wild slot from Quickspin is in many ways an excellent slot. It has a really unique bonus that ties in really nicely with the theme, as of course there are 7 dwarfs. Most of the Dwarfs offer you a bonus round relating to a Wild symbol which can be quite rewarding or could offer very little. In order to really get the most out of this, you need quite a few Golden Minecarts but unfortunately, you shouldn’t expect to get 7 all the time. The other main bonus, of course, is the Magic Mirror Bonus which adds more of the valuable Snow White symbol and awards 2 re-spins. This can be pretty good, I only wish they included another small in-game bonus to mix things up a bit more. As I already mentioned, I do like the design and the gameplay is good just not especially rewarding, but overall this is a solid slot that should suit those with a smaller budget looking for a lower variance slot.