Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot
- An Irish theme with plenty of magic and interesting designs
- A large range of features help make the gameplay varied and exciting
- Ability to control your own bonuses offers a great deal of interactivity
Finn and the Swirly Spin slot is one of NetEnts more interesting games that doesn’t follow the norm of so many other slots. It’s packed with lots of great features that aren’t just fun and rewarding, but also allow you to interact and choose what you’d like to play. To top it all off, the graphics are pretty impressive and the colours and nice and calming but still full of colour.
To play Finn and the Swirly Spin slot, you must spin the reels and try for a winning combination using the base symbols from left to right. These are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Spades or Hearts (lowest value)
- Diamond (highest value)
As you’d expect, there’s a Wild symbol in Finn and the Swirly Spin slot that comes in the form of a Golden Star. It substitutes for all other symbols apart from the Free Spins Key symbol. All symbols that were part of a win with a Wild symbol will explode and disappear after the win. New symbols will then fall in as an avalanche to replace the old ones.
Finn and the Swirly Spin Slot Bonuses and Features
Random Features. At any point after an initial spin you could be awarded one of 4 random features:
- Starfall Wilds. This will add at least 2 Wilds randomly onto the reels. If placed in a random pattern instead of a line, they cannot appear over the Free Spins Key symbol (see below). If no win is awarded, an additional Wild symbol will be added until a win finally occurs.
- Dragon Destroy. This can only be triggered after a spin where there were no wins. A random number of symbols will be destroyed and an avalanche triggered such that symbols fall in from above and a win is guaranteed to be awarded.
- Irish Luck. This can be activated when there is no win on the reels after the initial spin, and a vertical or horizontal line of one symbol (apart from the Wild symbol) is added to the reels to guarantee you a win.
- Magic Transform. All the Spade and Heart symbols on the screen will turn into a higher paying symbol, but the symbols the symbols may not be the same.
Free Spins Key Symbol. On the bottom left of the reels you’ll notice a Key symbol which will be there at the start of each spin. This will gradually move its way to the center as you generate more wins and the other symbols fall. Once it moves to the center position and there are no more winning combinations, you can then choose from one of 4 different Free Spins Games which correspond to one of the Random Features:
- The Star Bar. This will award you 7 Star Bar Free Spins with the Starfall Wilds Random Feature. Only one key is required to unlock it.
- Lava Lair. This will award you 3 Lava Lair Free Spins with the Dragon Destroy Random Feature, and requires 4 keys to unlock. Sticky Wilds will always appear instead of the Free Spins Key symbol in the main game.
- Lucky Mug. With this bonus, you will receive 4 Lucky Mug Free Spins with the Irish Luck Random Feature. 9 keys are required to unlock this bonus which works in the same way as the Irish Luck Random Feature.
- Golden Pot. This requires the most keys to unlock at 16 and will award you 2 Golden Pot Free Spins with the Magic Transform Random Feature.
Key Collecting. The number of keys in the key meter does not go down when you are playing out a Free Spins Bonus. You can unlock more free spins after a certain number of Free Spins Bonuses have been played out. Additional free spins unlock in the following order: Star Bar Free Spins, Lava Lair Free Spins, Lucky Mug Free Spins and Golden Pot Free Spins.
Finn and the Swirly Spin slot, in my opinion, is one of NetEnts finest slots mainly for the way that it does things differently from everyone else. The bonuses here are random, not triggered by 3 or more Scatter symbols as so many others are. Better than that, though, you actually get to control certain aspects of the game which adds a great level of interactivity and makes the game far more interesting. Finally, it’s also a pretty solid game when it comes to payouts as well and also has a decent RTP of 96.61%. There’s very little for me to say that will put this game in a negative light, so if I were you I’d check it out now. If you like the Irish theme, don’t forget to read our Irish Riches Megaways slot review.