- An unusual slot with a wide range of features
- Features can be activated at an extra cost to provide substantial rewards
- Multipliers, free spins and extra wilds are all available
Glory and Britannia slot is a new game which has a pretty unique way of giving you features. There’s the standard Free Spins Bonus but you also get a variety of features which you can turn on and off which is both fun and potentially rewarding. This does come at a price, mind, but I’ll get into all of that shortly.
The theme of the slot is based on the old story of Merlin and the knights. It’s only loosely based mind, so don’t expect too much on that. It’s quite basic looking but the graphics are quite nice and it’s clear. You have 5 reels with 3 rows, providing a total of 243 ways to win. You just need to spin the reels to try and get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbol. These are as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- 9 or 10 of a kind (lowest value)
- Jack or Queen of a kind
- King or Ace of a kind
- Book or Ring of a kind
- Cup or Crown of a kind
- Shield (highest value)
These are the base symbols, which means they will only give you a cash reward when they aline correctly along a payline. However, they aren’t the only symbols in the game. There are 2 special symbols in Glory and Britannia slot, the Wild symbol and the Scatter symbol. The Wild symbol, shown as a golden cross, will substitute for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the Scatter symbol. Bare in mind that it only appears on reels 2, 3 and 4. The Scatter symbol is shown as the English flag waving in the wind and is used to give you some free spins.
Glory And Britannia Slot Bonuses and Features
Free Spins Bonus. As I mentioned, this is triggered by the Scatter symbol, in fact you need 3 of them to appear anywhere on the reels at the same time. When this happens, you’ll be given 15 free spins for the Bonus (unfortunately even more Scatter symbols doesn’t actually give you any more free spins). You’ll notice another row is added to the reels for the free spins, giving you a total of 1024 ways to win. You can’t retrigger the Bonus in any way, but the side bets can be triggered.
Side Bet Shop. This is the interesting feature of the game because you have the option to buy side bets. There are 7 of these which add 10 credits to the stake. They work as follows:
- Lady of the Lake Feature: This can give you 3 respins following any spins. During these, the lower paying symbols (up to and including Ace) will be removed to hopefully give you some bigger wins.
- Templar Knight Feature. During the respins, the Templar Knight will add stacked treasure chests to the reels which will open to show a random symbol.
- Guinevere Feature. A symbol will become enchanted and spread through the reels to give you more wins.
- Merlin Feature. This guy can give you a respin and turn 1, 2 or 3 reels completely Wild.
- Duke of York Feature. This will simply give you a 2x, 3x or 5x multiplier to your wins.
- King Arthur Feature. This will give you up to 20 free spins when you trigger the Free Spins Bonus, and it can also randomly trigger other Side Bet features.
- Robin Hood Feature. Up to 12 random symbols will become up.
Glory and Britannia slot from Playtech may seem pretty simple from only having 2 real Bonuses. The interesting thing though is that the Side Bet shop gives you some more features depending on what’s active. Each one, of course, adds to your stake but can provide some very nice perks. These include respins, Wilds, multipliers and extra free spins. There’s pretty much everything you could wish for in a slot and it makes for some very fun gameplay. I like the way it’s all done too because you can choose whether or not to activate the side bets. In short, if you’re looking for a fun new slot to try that has a lot to offer, this could be the one for you. Be sure to leave a comment down below and let us know what you think. Check out some of Playtech’s others slots here.