Luck O the Irish Free Spins
- The latest update to the classic Irish themed slot
- Available in the betting shops for a jackpot of up to £500, with multiple stakes including Fortune Spins
- Mystery symbols can morph into free spin values for short-cuts to the bonus round
Luck O the Irish Free Spins is the new and possibly improved version of the original, and still popular slot Luck O the Irish. Luck O the Irish Free Spins uses the same gaming symbols as the original, but its playing style is slightly different and isn’t as lo-tech as the aforementioned slot.
Luck O the Irish Free Spins can be played at 25p, 50p, £1 and £2 stakes in William Hill and Betfred betting shops on their fixed odds betting terminals, there is also a Fortune Spins option available for stakes of up to £50.
The Fortune Spins don’t offer too much more in the way of enhancements over the lower stakes. The only incentives for playing the Fortune Spins are multipliers for each stake increase from £20 up to £50, which increases any awards from x2 up to x5 for each additional £10 wagered.
The long-term percentage payout (RTP) on Luck O the Irish Free Spins are as follows:
Fortune Spins: 93%
As you can see, the percentages on £2 stakes are inline with the majority of FOBT slots in the bookies. Although low, you will struggle to find higher RTP slots on the betting terminals, especially on the newer games. Eye of Horus in William Hill is currently on 94%, but that is an exception. To enjoy higher RTP’s and higher jackpots, you’ll need to look online.
Luck O the Irish Free Spins Game Play
The Luck O the Irish Free Spins slot uses five reels, stacked three high to display a variety of wins across the ten fixed winlines. Elements of the original Luck O the Irish can be seen during the spins, but for the most part it is fairly unique.
- Mystery Symbols: The mystery symbols can land on the reels on any stake and will change to any random symbol, including free spins.
- Free Spins: This is the main element of the game, and what all slot players will be striving for. The free spins bonus can be awarded in one of two ways. The first is the most common and obvious; three or more scatter symbols anywhere in view. The second is via the mystery symbols. These symbols can show a certain amount of free spins, but are often a lower value than via the scatters.
A minimum payout will be awarded for matching three or more scatter symbols and entering the bonus, but no payout will be awarded for the mystery symbol awarding free spins.
All wins during the free spins bonus are multiplied by x3 and can be re-triggered unlimited times, up until the £500 jackpot limit has been reached. In addition to the x3 multiplier, the Wild symbol will double any win, so several Wilds during the Luck O the Irish Free Spins bonus can pay very well, even on the lower stakes.
- Lucky Spins: The Lucky Spins are an optional gamble that play the same as the regular game, but increase the RTP up to 100%. Although the Lucky Spins are virtually the same as the regular base game, it does have a couple of added benefits. The first one, as mentioned is the percentage pays at 100% long-term, the second is the bonus re-spin that is awarded when two bonus symbols come into view, the three remaining reels will spin off again for an extra chance of a bonus.
You can collect your Lucky Spins balance at any time, so you don’t have to play off all, or even any of your win balance. You can only play a maximum of 100 Lucky Spins, after that you will be returned to the base game with any winnings that my be remaining.
Luck O the Irish Free Spins is a fun game which will remain popular for some time, due mainly to it’s older cousin which was incredibly popular 5-7 years ago.
Currently this slot is only available in the bookies, but an online version will be along soon.
Luck O the Irish Free Spins Player Review
I played Luck O the Irish Free Spins in Betfred bookies, starting with £100 and fully prepared to put no more than £200 into the fixed odds betting terminal.
The first time I played this slot I didn’t do too well, but many of the comments suggested that I try it again as the free spins bonus is often very generous. This particular betting shop had the latest betting terminals, with the huge curved screen. The slots look so much better, especially the latest ones that have been updated to take advantage of the higher resolution screen.
I set the stake to £2 and put the game into auto-play. After a few wins scattered about here and there, the mystery symbols dropped in for a £20 win, with a connecting Wild which doubled it to £40. The wins take you over to a unique gamble option, which instead of the usual x2, x4 etc. it uses regular game-play but with an RTP of 100%, and a bonus respin on two scatter symbols. After around £16 of the bonus gamble spins used, two scatters dropped in, with a third landing on the bonus respin.
The Luck O the Irish Free Spins always start with 15, even if you land four or five, but the amount awarded as a trigger bonus goes up. As far as I could tell the free spins play exactly the same as the regular base game, except all wins are multiplied by x3. As five of a kind wins are already large, landing one or more during the bonus would pay off very well.
After four spins, four bonus symbols dropped in for a re-trigger. The four scatters pay an additional £40, as well as adding a further 15 free spins. As all wins were multiplied by x3, £120 was added to the balance, taking it up to £156 with 26 games remaining.
The wins during the bonus were few and far between, the next win came 12 free spins later, adding a further £30 to my balance. After that, no more wins followed! So after 30 free spins during the Luck O the Irish Free Spins bonus, only two spins were winners!
I was still playing the Lucky Spins gamble, so if I had decided to stay on and play, I would have been far better off playing during the Lucky Spins rather than the regular base game. As I had made a good profit, I decided to collect and moved over to another slot.