Spinal Tap Slot
- A heavy metal theme with a crazy design that really stands out
- A huge number of bonuses really keep the game engaging
- Huge wins available with up to 10,000x your bet
Spinal Tap slot is game from Blueprint Gaming based on a heavy metal rock band. Now this game is obviously aiming itself more at those who are fans of bands like Metallica but you don’t necessarily need to be a fan of the music to enjoy this slot because as you’ll see there are some good features that make this slot quite tempting but I’ll get onto those later. For now, let’s talk about the design of the slot and basic gameplay.
I actually really like the design here. The setting is a loud and vibrant rock concert but the foreground, while still in keeping with the theme, is actually very easy on the eye and clear to see. There are some nice touches though like using an amp to spin the reels and a VIP tag on the left which I’ll discuss shortly. There’s also some rock playing in the background but it’s not too heavy and doesn’t get that annoying, fortunately. The aim of the game is to get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbols by spinning the reels. These base symbols are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order by value:
- Jack or Queen of a kind (lowest value)
- King or Ace of a kind
- Blue or Red Band Member of a kind
- Green or Pink Band Member of a kind
- Spinal Tap (highest value)
The Spinal Tap symbol is super stacked on each reel. Additionally, there’s a Wild symbol that substitutes for all other symbols apart from the Bonus symbol in a winning combination.
Spinal Tap Slot Bonuses and Features
Rock Mode. This can be activated at any point when the volume on the amplifier around the spin button goes all the way up to 11. This will expand the layout to 7 reels and a whopping 2187 ways to win. A vinyl record will appear on the screen and spin with a range of numbers on the inner ring and 4 modifiers on the outer ring. This is used to determine what Rock Mode feature will be activated:
- Heavy Duty Wilds. A number of reels will transform into Wild Reels which can be triggered up to 5 times turning the Wild Reel into a multiplier. There’s potential for some good payouts here.
- Wild Sparks. A number of positions on the reels are turned into Wild symbols.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Spins. Once the reels stop, the winning symbols are held in positions and the reels wespin with further winning symbols also being held. The number of respins is determined by the number on the wheel.
- Bonus Odyssey. A number of Bonus symbols are added to each reel.
You also have a chance to turn down the outcome on the vinyl to give yourself a second chance.
Bonus Picker. This is triggered by 3 or more Bonus Scatter symbols. You can pick from Golden Vinyls to reveal 1 of 7 bonus rounds:
- The World Tour. Win up to a whopping 10,000x your bet by travelling around the world collecting multipliers and reaching Big Money to multiply your winnings.
- Stone Henge. You’ll be awarded 11 free spins, and Wild symbols that appear in the Wild Zone stick for the remainder of the free spins. If you fill the Wild Zone it will retrigger free spins.
- Encore Free Spins. Also receive 11 free spins including an Encore Super Spins where all Wilds are added to this spin for hopefully big wins.
- Stairway To Hell. Get 11 free spins with all winning spins multiplied up to 11x, with speakers offering extra free spins.
- Record Deal. Choose you Lucky Record and eliminate records for a cash offer. You may get a chance to swap your record. You can win a cash prize or one of top 4 Bonus Features.
- Don’t Fret It. You must choose a box where different arrow symbols will move you up different values and you can eventually collect a red or blue prize or collect them both simultaneously.
- Double Platinum. You must choose a band member to reveal a certain outcome with different rewards.
VIP Pass. This will grant you access to Rock Mode for a 50x bet, with an RTP of 97.02%.
You can see that there’s a lot to like about Spinal Tap slot from Blueprint Gaming. The theme and design are pretty good although might not be for everyone. The features though are very extensive and they’ve really put a lot of work into the gameplay like we saw with Wild Circus slot. You might even argue that there’s a bit too much going on but personally, I think it really helps keep the game engaging and make it more fun. Overall it’s a good slot that has some ways of making some huge money, although don’t expect these to come up all that often.