- A new slot from Blueprint based on the cult movie The Goonies
- Has lots of features based on the movie as well as the jackpot king feature
- Lacks big payouts which some players might find disappointing
The Goonies slot from Blueprint needs no introduction. It is, of course, based on the cult movie of the same name that just about every child has seen and loved. It’s not the first time it’s been used as a slot either, but now Blueprint want to offer you this version with lots of features that certainly make the game fun. Before we get into those in too much detail though, let’s start with the basics. To get things moving, just spin the reels to get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbols. These are as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Jack or Queen (lowest value)
- King or Ace
- Skull or Scales
- Chest or Boat
- Flags (highest value)
There’s a wild symbol too which substitutes for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the scatter symbol.
RECOMMENDED CASINOS TO PLAY The Goonies Slot
The Goonies Slot Bonuses and Features
One Eyed Willy’s Riches Features:
- Mikey’s Hidden Treasure. This can land up to 5 stacked wild symbols on the reels for big wins.
- Mouth’s Lucky Coins. This will turn a number of gold coin symbols into the same randomly chosen symbol.
- Chunk’s Truffle Shuffle. This will turn a number of symbols into wilds.
- Sloth’s Win Spin. This will generate a winning combination for you.
- One Eyed Willy’s Bonus Boost. This is a useful feature which adds more scatter symbols on the reels to trigger the main bonus.
- Data’s Colossal Symbols. This turns 3 adjacent reels into a colossal symbol.
One Eyed Willy’s Bonus:
- Fratelli’s Hideout Bonus. Here you get to choose a key to win either a cash reward, go through a hidden tunnel to win more bonuses, or collect.
- Skeleton Organ Bonus. This works in a similar way where you can get various cash rewards from characters and upgrade to win even bigger rewards. Collecting 3 keys will give you another bonus.
- Super Sloth Free Spins. Here, the reels will only feature members of the Fratelli family. Wild symbols can also land to turn them into higher value symbols. At the end of the feature, you can win additional free spins or go into the treasure bonus.
- Goonies Go Wild Free Spins. With these free spins, a high-value symbol becomes a wild symbol. At the end of these free spins you can also win more, end the feature or go onto the treasure bonus.
- Inferno Free Spins. With every free spin, the inferno moves across the reels, turning up to 3 symbols wild as it does so. This bonus also gives you a chance to go onto the treasure bonus.
- One Eyed Willy’s Treasure Bonus. This is triggered either from other bonuses, from the wheel or by collecting 5 scatter symbols. You can win cash prizes here up to 500x your stake, but be careful of the booby traps as they will end the bonus.
Jackpot King. You might have played either slots with the jackpot king before, but if not it’s quite simple. It gives you the chance, on any spin, to win a huge jackpot by collecting crowns.
The Goonies slot from Blueprint has a lot to like about it, but some may also be a bit disappointed. The theme is a classic, based on the popular movie that just about everyone has seen. I think Blueprint have done a good job with the design, and most importantly the features of which there are plenty and they all base themselves on the movie in some form which makes the game good fun. Unfortunately though, the payouts are a little underwhelming, and I would have expected more from Blueprint who are known for offering some massive payouts generally. While they aren’t bad, I just think they’re less exciting than usual and this might put some people off. Overall though, it’s certainly a fun slot and it does pay pretty well, so it could be worth checking out. You can also see some of their other slots here.