Thunderstruck II Slot
- A hugely popular title from Microgaming
- A Nordic theme featuring Gods such as Thor and Odin
- Excellent progressive features based on individual characters
Thunderstruck II slot is the highly anticipated sequel to the hugely popular Thunderstruck slot released back in 2004. With its unique feature design, great theme and good graphics Thunderstruck II promises to live up to the hype and provide an exceptional gaming experience. The theme is based on Norse mythology, not necessarily something we haven’t seen before but with its level of detail and use of characters such as Thor and Odin, it creates a strong impact and promises to deliver on action.
Speaking of the graphics, Thunderstruck II may not be quite as colourful and have as strong graphics as some new slots we’re seeing nowadays such as Crazy Genie slot, but for the time of its release in 2010 it was top of the range, and is more than satisfactory even for today’s standards. What’s more, with the huge rise in popularity of Marvel characters including Thor and Loki, the appeal of Thunderstruck II and other slots with a Nordic theme has certainly shot up. Where this game really shines though is the gameplay and for many reasons. To start, you have a simple 5×3 setup but with 243 ways to win which for many is far more appealing than your standard 10, 20 or 30 pay lines. The RTP stands at a very generous 96.65%, considerably higher than many slots and the minimum bet you can place is 30p, going up to only £15. To play the game, you must try for a winning combination using the base symbols from left to right. These symbols are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- 9 and 10 (lowest value)
- Jack or Queen
- King or Ace
- Viking Ship
- Thunderstruck II (highest value)
The Bonus symbol here, as well as being worth money on its own, contributes to the bonuses of the game which I’ll discuss shortly. The Thunderstruck II symbol also serves as a Wild, substituting for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the Bonus symbol.
Thunderstruck II Slot Bonuses and Features
Wildstorm Feature. This feature can be triggered randomly at any time, turning up to 5 reels Wild and giving you a chance to win some serious money. Free spins cannot be triggered during this feature.
The Great Hall of Spins. 3, 4 or 5 Bonus symbols will award entry to The Great Hall of Spins, while multiple entries will sequentially unlock further bonus features:
- The 1st trigger of the bonus is the Valkyrie round. Here you will be offered 10 free spins, with all wins multiplied by 5. These free spins can be retriggered.
- The 5th trigger of the bonus will start the Loki round, offering 15 free spins with the Wild Magic Feature. If the Wild Magic symbol appears on reel 3, it will randomly transform other symbols in additional substitutes. Furthermore, 2, 3, 4 or 5 Bonus symbols will retrigger 1, 2, 3 or 4 free spins, respectively.
- The 10th trigger of the bonus starts the Odin round and will offer you 20 free spins with the Wild Raven Feature. Here, Odin’s Ravens can randomly turn symbols in 2x or 3x multipliers, and a 6x multiplier can be awarded if both ravens land.
- Thor’s round is available from the 15th trigger of the bonus and will offer you 25 free spins with Rolling Reels. In this instance, consecutive wins will increase the multiplier from 2x, 3x, 4x up to 5x for bigger wins.
Once all the levels have been triggered, you can choose which one to play next time you trigger the Great Hall of Spins bonus.
So there we have it, Thunderstruck II slot is a very well-rounded slot from Microgaming with a lot to offer all kinds of players. There are a good range of bonuses, from the progressive free spins features centred around the characters to the Wildstorm feature which has the potential to offer huge payouts, there’s a lot to keep people engaged while also paying out good rewards. Combine all of that with a magical theme that’s only becoming more and more popular and you have a slot that should appeal to most players. Even years after its release it remains one of the more popular slots with many others trying to mimic its success, so if you haven’t played it yet don’t miss your chance.