Wizard of Oz Emerald City Slot
- Another slot in the Wizard of Oz series from WMS, part of SG Gaming
- Lots of bright colours and includes all the popular characters including The Great OZ himself!
- Some fun and interesting bonuses which can offer substantial rewards
Wizard of Oz Emerald City slot is another installment in the franchise from WMS which has proven to be very popular so far. And that’s hardly surprising given how everyone knows and loves the story of Wizard of Oz. This particular game focuses on the magical Emerald City, the home of the all-powerful Oz. WMS have done a great job of incorporating the characters like the Gatekeeper and Oz into this game, taking part in bonuses and base symbol with everyone being well-designed and looking as magnificent as you’d expect.
The gameplay initially isn’t anything special, with a standard 5×3 layout and 243 ways to win. What is disappointing is the low RTP of just 93.95%, especially when we have games coming out like Tut’s Twister slot that have a much higher RTP. But of course, that’s not the ultimate factor in what makes a good slot, nor does in necessarily mean you’ll win or lose more money. To play the game you must spin the reels and try to get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbols which are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Diamonds, Clubs and Hearts (lowest value)
- Munchkin, Toto and The Gatekeeper
- Dorothy’s Friends and Oz
- Jackpot (highest value)
There’s also a Wild symbol as you’d expect which is shown as the Emerald City which substitutes for all symbols apart from the Bonus and Jackpot symbol.
Wizard of Oz Emerald City Slot Bonuses and Features
Glinda The Good Witch Bonus. This is a random feature which may trigger at any point during the base game. She will send between 1 and 5 bubbles to land on random positions on the reels apart from any position which has a Bonus or Jackpot symbol on it, and no more than 1 bubble per reel may appear. The bubble will duplicate the symbol it lands on up to 3x and move the duplicated symbols up. You may also get a Wild bubble which will turn the symbol it lands on into a Wild, but these land only on reels 2-5. Bubble also activate additional ways to win.
Wheel Bonus. This is triggered by 3 Bonus symbol scattered across reels 1, 3 and 5. You’ll be able to spin the wheel and land on one of the following:
- Scarecrow Jackpot
- Tin Man Jackpot
- Cowardly Lion Jackpot
- Dorothy Jackpot
- Glinda the Good Witch Free Spin Bonus
- Emerald City Picking Bonus
The Jackpot and Gem segments will award you a cash prize, with Dorothy Jackpot being the most valuable and Gem being the least valuable. Alternatively, you may land on one of the bonuses which work as follows:
- Glinda the Good Witch Free Spin Bonus. This will award you with 5 free spins, during which Glinda will release her bubbles onto the reels in exactly the same manner as the Glinda the Good Witch Bonus. Once the free spins have been used, you may receive a mystery prize which could bring your total bonus to 8, 10 or 15x total bet.
- Emerald City Picking Bonus. This particular bonus works in levels, where you start at level 1 and work your way up to level 6. You must choose a symbol a receive either a gem which will give you a cash reward or a character symbol which will advance you to the level of that character which are:
- Level 1. Munchkinland.
- Level 2. Scarecrow.
- Level 3. Tineman
- Level 4. Cowardly Lion
- Level 5. Gatekeeper
- Level 6. Great and Powerful Oz.
- By collecting a character, you will be awarded the credits associated with that level and all levels below it, with Level 6 being the most valuable of course.
In my opinion, Wizard of Oz Emerald City slot is yet another great addition to WMS’s current Wizard of Oz lineup and it’s easy to see why. For one, who doesn’t love the story; this is a brilliant theme that appeals to a wide audience and has been well designed also. The graphics aren’t anything special, but the slot as a whole looks good with colours in keeping with what you’d expect from the movie. The bonuses are what really stand out though as they are both fun and can be very generous indeed. They incorporate all of your favourite characters too which I think is a really nice touch. Overall then, WMS have done a cracking job here and I can happily recommend this game.