Legend of Fortune Slot
- Another Aztec theme which is definitely becoming overused
- Really fun bonuses with good rewards available
- Let down by very poor graphics and design which is a real shame
Legend of Fortune slot is another slot to use an Aztec-type theme which we’ve seen plenty of in the past such as the recently reviewed Chilli Chilli Bang Bang slot, but I know they can work really well so I won’t go into that too much. The graphics with this slot low are significantly worse than most other slots we’ve reviewed lately and I think that’s really disappointing because as you’ll see there’s a lot of fun and exciting gameplay that could really benefit from an improved display.
Before I come onto that though, to first play the game you must spin the reels and try to get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbols. These are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Jack, Queen or King (lowest value)
- Ace or Bats
- Legend of Fortune Logo
- Wild (highest value)
The Wild symbol just has the basic function of substituting for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the Scatter symbol, as well as being the most valuable symbol in the game. The Scatter symbol is shown as a type of golden temple and is used to trigger the Bonus Feature Selector, appearing only on reel 2, 3 and 4.
Legend of Fortune Slot Bonuses and Features
Wild Walls. This is a base game feature that can occur at any point during a regular base spin, whereby walls can crush at least 1 reel to turn them all into Wild symbols. The order in which they may turn Wild is reel 5, then reel 1, 4 and 2, so a maximum of 4 reels if you’re lucky which could create some decent payouts. The reels will continue to turn Wild until there is a win.
Bonus Feature Selector. As mentioned earlier, this is triggered by 3 or more Scatter symbols landing anywhere on reels 2, 3 and 4. Now you get to make a choice as to which feature to choose from:
- Temple Escape Free Spins. This is a free spins bonus whereby you will be given 8 free spins at the start. You must make your way along the map and collect character symbols as you go which only appear on reel 5. You will move across the map at a rate of one space per spin. You can also collect addition free spins and traps as you go, with traps having the following effect:
- Wild Darts. Deadly darts will be shot at the reels, turning any symbols they hit into Wilds.
- Crushing Spikes. Each spin will cause spikes to fall onto the reels and turn them into Wild symbols.
- Pit of Wealth. This causes certain symbols to fall into the pit and be replaced by a random giant symbol.
- Tumbling Free Spins. This will offer you slightly more free spins than the Temple Escape Free Spins Bonus with 10 on offer. The reels act a bit differently here, with symbols on a winning line exploding and being replaced by symbols that fall in from above. When there are no winning lines, all the symbols are replaced to hopefully create better wins.
- Stepping Stones Bonus. The goal here is to make your way across the stepping stones in order to reach the final stone. In doing so, you can collect multipliers and try to end up with a decent win. This is done by passing the stepping stones, with a large multiplier being added for every bonus stone that you pass. These stones can bring back a fallen stone. If you do manage to reach the final stone, you’ll be given a spin of the Bonus Wheel which can offer you a multiplier of up to 1,000x.
Legend of Fortune slot from by Red7, now owned by SG, has a mixture of good and bad points that makes it hard for me really review. On the one hand, there are some really cool and fun features in this game which make it really stand out from the crowd and offer some level of excitement, especially with the Stepping Stones Bonus. There are also some decent wins to be had, with up to 1,000x multiplier available in said bonus, and potential for big earnings in other features also. But then there are the graphics, which for a brand new 2018 slot are severely lacking. And I think with a slot like this that has more of an impact than others because of the bonuses which have a lot of animations. I’m sure a lot of you won’t mind too much as when it comes to the gameplay there’s a lot to like, but I just wish they’d improved the looks as this could be a truly amazing slot otherwise.