Red Hot Chilli Steppa Slot
- A spicy Mexican theme with dancing chillis
- Free Spins Bonus uses Hot Zones to provide extra rewards
- Jackpot also on offer for extra big payouts
Red Hot Chilli Steppa is a new slot from Core Gaming that’s all about hot chillis and hopefully some hot payouts too! The features are pretty interesting here with the main focus being on the Free Spins Bonus which I’ll explain more on below. This is pretty predictable based on the title, centred around hot chillis wearing sombreros as part of a Mexican theme. Hot Chillis wearing sombreros you say? Yes, and even shaking the rattles too in a very stereotypical fashion. It’s fun though so I’m not complaining.
The overall design is pretty good, I really like the ways the reels look and the symbols include some of the more traditional icons such as cherries and Bars. The graphics aren’t very exceptional and the fire animation in the background is very basic, but it does it’s job and creates a vibrant and cheerful slot. The main focus on the slot is the Hot Zones, 3 positions on the reels which are used to improve your Free Spins Bonus; read on a little further and explain exactly how it works. The basics here though are that you have a 5×3 setup with 20 paylines, and your goal is to get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbols of the game. These are as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- Watermelon, Lemon, Cherries and Grapes (lowest value)
- Horseshoe or Bell
- Red Seven or Bar
- Red Hot Chilli Steppa Logo or Wild (highest value)
Red Hot Chilli Steppa Slot Bonuses and Features
The Wild symbol plays a pretty standard role in Red Hot Chilli Steppa slot, substituting for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the Bonus symbol, as well as being the joint most valuable symbol in the game alongside the Logo symbol.
Free Spins Bonus. This is triggered in a very familiar fashion, with 3 Bonus symbols needed on the screen at any point to be awarded some free spins. However, the positioning of these symbols is very important. You’ll notice on the screen there are 3 Hot Zones, and depending on how many Bonus symbols you land in these when you trigger the Bonus, you could be given some extra features. This works as follows:
- No Bonus symbols in the Hot Zone. This is known as a Mild Bonus, and only the Cherries and Lemon symbols will be removed during the Bonus.
- 1 Bonus symbol in the Hot Zone. This is known as a Hot Bonus, and the Watermelon, Lemon and Cherries symbols will be removed during the Bonus.
- 2 Bonus symbol in the Hot Zone. This is known as a Super Hot Bonus, and the Watermelon, Lemon, Cherries and Grapes symbols will be removed during the Bonus.
- 3 Bonus symbol in the Hot Zone. This is known as a Red Hot Bonus, and the Watermelon, Lemon, Cherries, Grapes and Horseshoe symbols will be removed during the Bonus.
No matter what bonus you receive, you will always be given 10 free spins. Oddly enough, the Bonus symbols are also worth a very small amount in a combination of just 2 only.
Party Pots. This is a Jackpot feature which offers you a chance to win one of 7 progressive Jackpots shown at the bottom of the slot. During each one, you can win the Jackpot and some cash rewards for a nice payout overall. They will fill up to indicate all the number of plays since each Jackpot was last triggered, and the chances of triggering a Jackpot is the same on every play.
Red Hot Chilli Steppa slot is a fun game from Core Gaming with a simple Bonus that works well and has some Progressive Jackpots on offer too, 7 to be precise. The Free Spins Bonus is all about removing low-value symbols from the free spins in order to make the more profitable. However, I think they could have been a bit more generous here and removed at least 1 more symbol like the Bell for landing all 3 Bonus symbols in the Hot Zones. Either that or perhaps added another feature that maybe involved adding more Wilds or multipliers to change things up a bit, whether it was in the Free Spins Bonus or not. I think this game is pretty good overall, but not of the best we’ve seen and has plenty of room for improvement.