Jingle Spin Slot
- One of the first Xmas themed slot we’ve seen this year
- Unique Bauble Wheel can provide numerous bonuses
- Features include free spins and extra Wild symbols
Jingle Spin slot from Netent is one of the first games we’ve seen this year to go with a Christmas theme and considering all the shops have been selling Christmas goods for over a month already, I’m not that surprised.
I’m not quite sure what to make of the design here; the graphics are pretty good but I think the whole thing could look a bit more friendly; one of the characters could at least do with a smile on their face. The real interesting thing here though is the wheel on the right which I’ll explain shortly. All you need to do to get going though is spin the reels to try and get a winning combination from left to right using the base symbols. These are listed as follows, ranked in ascending order based on their value:
- 10 or Jack (lowest value)
- Queen or King
- Bauble (highest value)
Of course, in addition to these base symbols which can give you instant cash rewards, Jingle Spin slot also has a Wild symbol available. These will substitute the highest possible winning combination on a bet line.
Jingle Spin Slot Bonuses and Features
Christmas Bauble Wheel. This is the more interesting and unique feature in the game, where you’ll notice that on the right-hand side of the reels there’s Santa Claus with a giant wooden wheel. This will spin on every turn and can offer you different rewards based on the bauble you receive. The bauble will be passed on to a dwarf at the top of the reels, known as helping dwarves. Subsequent spins will cause the dwarf to pass on the bauble from the wheel into the hands of the helping dwarf above the rightmost reel if the bet level and coin value remain the same. Changing the current bet level will remove the baubles from the dwarves, with a maximum of 5 baubles (corresponding to the number of reels) being available at the same time. The feature that’s found inside the bauble held by the dwarves helping out at the top of the reels is activated when a Wild symbol appears randomly on the reel below it. The baubles available to you are as follows:
- Spreading Wild Bauble. This feature is available during both the base game and the Free Spins Bonus and is activated when the spreading wild bauble drops onto a regular Wild symbol on the reels. It will substitute for all other symbols in a winning combination apart from the regular Wild symbol, substituting for the highest possible winning combination on a bet line. It is used to turn all adjacent and diagonal symbols in additional Wild symbols for some extra wins, but these will not activate any feature baubles held by the dwarves above them.
- Free Spins Bauble. This is a pretty simple bauble that gives you the number of free spins shown on the bauble itself. At the start of the free spins, the wheel will give 4 baubles to the dwarf on the far right so they are always being passed. You can also win additional free spins when the free spins bauble held by a helping dwarf is collected from a Wild symbol below that bauble.
- Coin Win Bauble. As you probably guessed, this bauble will just give you a cash reward along with any wins from the reels.
- Surprise Bauble. This bauble will just contain a feature from one of the other baubles at random.
Initially, I thought Jingle Spin slot from Netent was pretty complicated and didn’t really know how well it would work. However, upon playing the game for a few minutes I quickly understood what was happening and actually really liked it. This game is pretty unique in terms of how the features are triggered, but the features themselves are actually pretty standard. You have free spins with the ability to win more during the bonus itself, as well as wild symbols that can help you win more wild symbols. The wheel is a fun idea but honestly, I’m not sure if it results in features being triggered more often than those that are just done randomly. It seems to be more of a visual thing really. But I like that, especially as we have a fun Christmas theme here and it works well. All in all, a fun game that does things a bit differently and I think people will appreciate that; check it out on Casumo now.